- signed MARCO is committed to a policy of safeguarding the rights and privacy of individuals, including its website visitors, monthly newsletter subscribers, guest post bloggers, business associates, and all service users across all published websites and pages of authority, in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of May 2018, with Philippine Republic Act No. 10173, otherwise known as the “Data Privacy Act of 2012” and its implementing rules and regulations, and with all other relevant data privacy laws.
- In this policy, the terms “we,” “us,” and “our” refer to signed MARCO and/or its chief publisher, Marc Kenneth Marquez, LPT.
- Furthermore, this policy applies to all signed MARCO-run websites and other brands, and is valid from the date of its last update thereafter.
- Read also our Disclaimer page here.
2| Personal Data We Collect and Process
- We collect and process data about your visit and use of our websites, hence your usage data. Such may include your Internet Protocol [IP] address, geographic location, web browser type and version, gadget usage, operating system, traffic source, length of visit, page views and website navigation behavior, as well as other pieces of information related to browsing, timing, frequency, and patterns – all which are collected and processed through our Google Analytics tracking system and account. With your continued visit and use of our websites, you give us your consent to track, collect, and process these usage data.
- We collect and process your account and notification data which include your name and email address upon signing up and subscribing to our monthly newsletter through our MailChimp email marketing platform. Upon sending us your guest posts and other communications such as inquiries and concerns, we also collect and process the same inquiry data which serve means to provide services such as free email subscriptions and future electronic communications. Upon availing these services, you give us your willful consent to track, collect, and process your account, notification, and inquiry data.
- We may also process your personal information or your profile data associated with your social media accounts including your name, address, email address, profile pictures, gender, employment details, and others upon leaving your comments and making interactions on our websites through our installed Facebook Comments Plugin and our signed MARCO Facebook Page. We do this to moderate comments and interactions, and hence, monitor and improve your use of our websites and other services. We process your profile data based on your consent and our legitimate interests.
- We may process any of the aforementioned personal data and others set out in this policy where necessary for any other purposes in compliance with a legal obligation to which these are subject to or in order to safeguard your legal interests and the interests of another natural person should there be legal claims or requests.
3| Personal Data Disclosures and Transfers
- We may disclose your personal data to any of our publication staff and members insofar as reasonably necessary for any righteous publication and other purposes.
- We may transfer your personal data from our country of origin (Philippines) to another anytime in the future; however, such transfer will be protected by appropriate and legal safeguards or by your willful consent communicated with us.
- Our principal address of operations is in the Philippines; however, our websites are hosted by SiteGround, a third-party web host, with its servers in Singapore. SiteGround has data centers across different regions of the world, and your personal data may be collected and processed through any of these data centers should it legitimately and willfully decide to do so. We also reserve the right to dissociate with SiteGround and transfer your personal data to another web host provider and data center anytime in the future.
- You acknowledge that your personal data submitted to us for publication through our guest post and other services may be made available via the internet, and hence, around the world. As much as we want to safeguard your personal data to the best that we can, we cannot prevent any use or misuse of such by others through an internet access.
4| Personal Data Retention and Deletion
- We may retain and keep your personal data for a longer period than what is necessary for that purpose or for any other legal purposes.
- We may retain your usage data in our Google Analytics account for a minimum period of one (1) year and for a maximum period of two (2) years.
- We reserve the right to retain your account, notification, profile data for an indefinite period, or until such time you opt for their deletion and per your other requests communicated with us.
- Notwithstanding these provisions, we may retain your personal data where such retention is deemed necessary for legal purposes so to safeguard your legal interests and the interests of another natural person.
5| Cookie Usage and Your Consent
- A cookie is a file containing an identifier (a string of letters and numbers) that is sent by a web server to a web browser and is stored by the browser. The identifier is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server.
- Cookies may be either “persistent” cookies or “session” cookies: a persistent cookie will be stored by a web browser and will remain valid until its set expiry date, unless deleted by the user before the expiry date; a session cookie, on the other hand, will expire at the end of the user session, when the web browser is closed.
- We use authentication cookies to identify and authenticate your visits and navigations across the pages of our websites.
- We use personalization and preference cookies to store information about and set your preferences – language settings, country settings, and others, and hence improve your browsing experience.
- We use security cookies to secure your visits and other personal data you feed in through our websites and prevent any fraudulent use of these information and data.
6| Your Principal Rights
- As our valued partner, you have the following rights on your use of our websites and other services – (a) the right to access, (b) the right to rectification, (c) the right to erasure, (d) the right to restrict processing, (e) the right to object to processing, (f) the right to data portability, (g) the right to complain to a supervisory authority, and (h) the right to withdraw consent.
- If you think and believe that we have violated any of these rights in our collection and processing of your personal data, please do not hesitate to reach us through our contact details in the succeeding sections.
7| Policy Amendments
8| Contact Details
- Our principal place of business is in Pasig City, Metro Manila, Philippines.
- You can contact us by email through,